Check the Camera ConnectionCamera Settings:
- Make sure the auto power setting in the menu is set to OFF.
- If there is a communication mode set it to 'Normal'.
Checking the Camera Connection:
- Open Device Manager .. when the camera is turned On it should be identified as Imaging Device and by model. *
- Launch the software and connect to the camera ... the Device Manager .. should identify the camera as Imaging Device / DCP Connect.
- After you ''Quit' the software, Imaging device should once again ID the camera by model.
Finding the Device Manager:
Start / My Computer / Right Click / Properties / Hardware / Device Manager
- Camera Identified by the Consumer Driver: Home / Imaging Device / EOS 400D
- Camera Identified by the Factory Service Driver: Home / Imaging Device / DCP Connect
- Camera returned to the Consumer Driver: Home / Imaging Device / EOS 400D
- The camera is connected to the PC using the consumer driver.
- The camera is connected to the Service Adjustment Software.
- The camera is returned to the consumer driver